Please help preserve patient access to quality medical care by calling, emailing, or writing your Senators and Representative today and asking him/her to stop medical lawsuit abuse by supporting common sense medical liability reforms.
Below is some information you might want to include when you contact your Congressman and Senators:
- Our nation’s medical liability system is broken and needs to be fixed. The current system is too costly, takes too long and does not serve the needs of injured patients.
- Medical lawsuit abuse is driving good doctors out of the practice of medicine, leaving patients without the care they need when they need it.
- Comprehensive medical liability reform will help reduce health care costs and the federal deficit, while preserving patient access to quality medical care.
- States across the country like California and Texas have enacted medical liability reform laws that have a proven track record of success. These reforms should be a model for reform at the federal level.
- Congress must enact comprehensive federal medical liability reform to ensure that accessible, affordable and available to patients when they need it.